| GEO Pakistan|
| One dies in Karachi fire eruption incident|
| Updated at: 0653 PST, Saturday, March 20, 2010|
KARACHI: A person succumbed to burnt injuries when three shops, meant for storeroom of second-hand clothes, caught fire in Light House – a bazaar in Karachi, on Friday evening, Geo news reported.
The man was identified as Nawab (50).
Following fire eruption incident, two fire tenders were dispatched to area but due to presence of nylon material in clothes, the fire blazes had engulfed three shops in no time, injuring a persons critically and gutting clothes worth millions of rupees, witnesses and shop owners claimed.
The person was late shifted to hospital where he succumbed to injuries, sources added.
Fire brigade sources said the incident occurred due to short-circuit.