| GEO Pakistan|
| Bilateral talks on Japanís $1b assistance to Pakistan begins|
| Updated at: 1417 PST, Monday, May 25, 2009|
TOKYO: The two-day bilateral talks on the implementation of the Japanese pledge of $1 billion assistance to Pakistan made in the Friends of Pakistan Forum began here today.
Japan had pledged this assistance amount to Pakistan in the meeting held last month, while the underway talks would give a final shape to all the aspects of the disbursement and its utilization of the Japanese assistance.
Pakistan Investment Board (PIB) Chairman, Saleem Mandviwala is leading the Pakistan delegation in underway talks.
PIB chairman said that Japanese pledged $1 billion assistance would be released through Pak-Japan Business Forum. Its 70 percent would constitute of soft loans and the remaining 30 percent as grants for social sectors.