| GEO World|
| Trial of Iran detainees commences|
| Updated at: 0314 PST, Sunday, August 02, 2009|
TEHRAN: The first court trial of the detainees arrested during the post-election unrest was held on Saturday.
According to the indictment, a number of the accused confessed that the post-election unrest was preplanned and the plan was following the timetable of the velvet revolution to the extent that over 100 stages of the 198 steps of Gene Sharp were implemented in the foiled velvet revolution.
The indictment said that despite warnings by the Supreme Leader, certain groups propagated the idea of the possibility of fraud in the election without presenting any documentation, a claim which was widely disseminated by the enemies of the Islamic Revolution.
It said one of the political groups guilty of this offense is the Islamic Revolution Mojahedin Organization, which began making claims about the strong possibility of vote-rigging months before the presidential election.
The indictment said that forged documents were found at the house of former industries minister Behzad Nabavi, who is a leading member of IRMO, that were intended to raise concerns among the people.
It added, in coordination with enemy groups and hostile media outlets, the Islamic Iran Participation Party (IIPP) and certain members of the Association of Combatant Clerics tried to put into question the validity of the poll before and after the election.
The detainees admitted that they were absolutely certain that there was no election fraud but insisted that there had been vote-rigging in order to create doubts about the validity of the election.