| GEO Business|
| Wheat price still at highest level in wholesale market|
| Updated at: 1648 PST, Wednesday, September 24, 2008|
KARACHI: Price of wheat continues to be at the highest level of Rs2,500 per 100 kg in the Karachi wholesale market.
As per the wholesale market brokers, trading of wheat closed on previous day at Rs2,500 per 100 kg and began today at the same price.
According to traders, wheat is being offered by some brokers also at the rate of Rs2,505 per 100 kg but trading is being done only at Rs2,500 per 100 kg.
Flour mills owners said that the government is providing only 35 per cent of the mills wheat requirement while they are buying the remaining 65 per cent wheat from open market. Thus, it has become difficult for selling the flour at the government’s fixed rates.