QUETTA: While hearing the Balochistan law and order case today, Chief Justice of Pakistan Iftikhar Chaudhry remarked that there would be no gains until the information about the missing persons would not be revealed.
A three-member bench of the Supreme Court (SC) headed by the chief justice resumed the hearing of Balochistan law and order case at its Quetta Registry Thursday.
During proceedings, the bench observed that no one has so far dared to reveal who had kept them.
The CJ said intelligence agencies are claiming that the missing persons are not being kept by them, if this is true then who else has detained them.
He stressed that nothing would be helpful until substantial facts about the missing persons would be provided. On this, the Home Secretary apprised the bench that the department lacks information about each and every missing person.
Deputy Inspector-General of Frontier Corps (DIG FC) Brig Shahzad appeared before the court and told that there was no missing person in FC’s custody.
The CJ remarked that the every person who appeared here had held FC responsible for the disappearances taking place in the province.
On this, DIG FC said that holding FC responsible for the missing persons was regrettable.
The bench continued to record statements of the relatives of missing persons at Quetta Registry today. The bench also held an unprecedented 15-hour-long sitting to record the statements of the relatives of 47 missing persons on Wednesday.
The SC on Wednesday blasted the intelligence outfits and the Balochistan chief executive, among others, and summoned the province’s Chief Minister Nawab Aslam Raisani, Home Minister Mir Zafar Zehri and the ISI sector in-charge to appear before the bench today. The court also alleged that the federal and provincial governments had failed to address the issue of the missing persons.