Boy dies of rabies due to unavailability of vaccine at Sindh hospitals

GEO NEWS
September 18,2019

Mir Hasan, 10, died after the hospitals he was taken to said there was no vaccine available

Share Next Story >>>
Photo: File

KARACHI: A ten-year-old,who was bitten by a stray dog, died of rabies in Larkana on Tuesday.

According to details, the ten-year-old, who was identified as Mir Hasan was first taken to a hospital in Shikarpur, however, he was not given the treatment because there was no vaccine available at the hospital.

Hasan's parents said, they later rushed him to Larkana's Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Hospital, but, it had also run out of the required vaccine, resulting in the boy's succumbing to the disease.

A Rabies Encephalitis is a dog-borne viral illness caused mostly by the biting of stray dogs, and if ARV is not administered to the affected person along with immunoglobulin, the patient suffers a miserable death due to hydrophobia and other complications of the disease.



Advertisement

More From Pakistan