KARACHI: Chief Minister of Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah on Thursday warned the federal government against imposing the governor's rule in his province, saying that people will retaliate against the federal government if any unconstitutional move is made.
"Let me categorically state that any unconstitutional move by the federal government to impose the governor’s rule in Sindh will provoke an unprecedented retaliation from the people of Sindh," Shah wrote on Twitter.
His statement comes after Interior Minister Sheikh Rasheed said that he has advised the government to implement the governor’s rule in Sindh after the alleged horse-trading controversy.
Read more: Around 24 PTI MNAs seek refuge in Sindh House
Earlier in the day, disgruntled PTI MNAs Raja Riaz and Malik Nawab Sher Waseer had claimed that around 24 MNA’s had "sought refuge at the Sindh House, fearing that the government would take action against them.
On the other hand, sources said a summary in view of the law and order situation in Sindh is being prepared by the Interior Ministry.
A meeting has been called under the chairmanship of Rasheed to review the current situation in Sindh. After that, a report will be sent to PM Imran Khan.