-
18 February 2026 | 09:01 AM
Hamas urges Trump’s 'Board of Peace' to press Israel over Gaza deal violations
-
18 February 2026 | 05:55 AM
Palestinian families forced to dismantle homes amid settler violence
-
18 February 2026 | 05:53 AM
WATCH: Palestinians receive Ramadan with delight
-
18 February 2026 | 04:16 AM
WATCH: Ramadan begins in Gaza
-
18 February 2026 | 03:45 AM
Immigration judge rejects Trump effort to deport Palestinian student
-
17 February 2026 | 11:42 PM
Hezbollah rejects disarmament plan and govt's four-month timeline
-
17 February 2026 | 10:56 PM
Independent UN body condemns 'vicious attacks' on UN expert on Palestinian rights
-
17 February 2026 | 06:28 PM
DPM Dar to attend UNSC meeting on Palestine situation in New York
-
17 February 2026 | 01:39 PM
Eight countries condemn Israel's West Bank land registration
-
17 February 2026 | 11:22 AM
In pictures: Gazans prepare to welcome first Ramadan after ceasefire
-
Wednesday Feb 18 2026 | 09:01 AM
Hamas urges Trump’s 'Board of Peace' to press Israel over Gaza deal violations
Hamas has urged US President Donald Trump's "Board of Peace" to force Israel into halting what it describes as ongoing violations of the Gaza agreement that was brokered by the United States last October.
Over 600 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli forces in Gaza since the Hamas–Israel ceasefire agreement took effect on October 10, 2025, Al Jazeera reported, citing the health ministry.
The "Board of Peace" is scheduled to hold its first formal meeting on Thursday in Washington, DC, as Palestinians in the conflict-stricken territory await the full implementation of the second phase of the peace deal.
Hamas spokesman Hazem Qassem said in a video statement, "The war of genocide against the Strip is still ongoing — through killing, displacement, siege, and starvation — and it has not stopped until this very moment".
-
Wednesday Feb 18 2026 | 05:55 AM
Palestinian families forced to dismantle homes amid settler violence
Israeli settlers have forced 15 Palestinian families in the northern Jordan Valley to dismantle their homes and leave, Al Jazeera reported, citing the Wafa news agency.
Mahdi Daraghmeh, head of the al-Malih Village Council, told Wafa news agency that the families began tearing down their houses amid escalating settler assaults.
Just days earlier, seven families from the nearby Maita community were also displaced following similar threats and attacks.
-
Wednesday Feb 18 2026 | 05:53 AM
WATCH: Palestinians receive Ramadan with delight
-
Wednesday Feb 18 2026 | 04:16 AM
WATCH: Ramadan begins in Gaza
-
Wednesday Feb 18 2026 | 03:45 AM
Immigration judge rejects Trump effort to deport Palestinian student
An immigration judge has rejected the Trump administration's efforts to deport Columbia University student Mohsen Mahdawi, who was arrested last year following his participation in pro-Palestinian protests.
Lawyers for Mahdawi detailed the immigration judge's decision in a court filing on Tuesday with a federal appeals court in New York, which had been reviewing a ruling that led to his release from immigration custody in April.
-
Tuesday Feb 17 2026 | 11:42 PM
Hezbollah rejects disarmament plan and govt's four-month timeline
Armed group Hezbollah rejected on Tuesday the Lebanese government's decision to grant the army at least four months to advance the second phase of a nationwide disarmament plan, saying it would not accept what it sees as a move serving Israel.
Hezbollah Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem said in a speech on that "what the Lebanese government is doing by focusing on disarmament is a major mistake because this issue serves the goals of Israeli aggression".
Hezbollah lawmaker Hassan Fadlallah said, "we cannot be lenient," signalling the group's rejection of the timeline and the broader approach to the issue of its weapons.
Hezbollah has rejected the disarmament effort as a misstep while Israel continues to target Lebanon.
Israel has said Hezbollah's disarmament is a security priority, arguing that the group's weapons outside Lebanese state control pose a direct threat to its security.
Israel has also said it will continue what it describes as action to prevent the entrenchment or arming of hostile actors in Lebanon until cross-border threats are eliminated.
-
Tuesday Feb 17 2026 | 10:56 PM
Independent UN body condemns 'vicious attacks' on UN expert on Palestinian rights
An independent United Nations body on Tuesday condemned what it described as vicious attacks based on disinformation by several European ministers against the organisation's special rapporteur for Palestine, Francesca Albanese.
In the past week several European countries, including Germany, France and Italy, called for Albanese’s resignation over her alleged criticism of Israel. Albanese, an Italian lawyer, denies making the remarks.
A transcript of Albanese's remarks made in Doha on February 7 seen by Reuters did not characterise Israel in this way, although she has consistently criticised the country in the past over the Gaza conflict.
The UN Coordination Committee — a body of six independent experts which coordinates and facilitates the work of Special Rapporteurs — accused European ministers of relying on "manufactured facts".
"Instead of demanding Ms Albanese's resignation for performing her mandate...these government representatives should join forces to hold accountable, including before the International Criminal Court, leaders and officials accused of committing war crimes and crimes against humanity in Gaza," the Committee said.
It said the pressure exerted on Albanese was part of an increasing trend of politically motivated and malicious attacks against independent human rights experts, U.N. officials and judges of international courts.
-
Tuesday Feb 17 2026 | 06:28 PM
DPM Dar to attend UNSC meeting on Palestine situation in New York
-
Tuesday Feb 17 2026 | 01:39 PM
Eight countries condemn Israel's West Bank land registration
-
Tuesday Feb 17 2026 | 11:22 AM
In pictures: Gazans prepare to welcome first Ramadan after ceasefire
A Palestinian girl holds a Ramadan lantern at a market where seasonal decorations are sold, in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip on February 14, 2026. — Reuters
Palestinian children play among tents decorated with handmade Ramadan lanterns, in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip on February 15, 2026. — Reuters
Mohannad al-Najjar hangs Ramadan lanterns made from recycled tin cans on strings between tents, in Khan Younis in the southern Gaza Strip on February 15, 2026. — Reuters
Palestinian woman Fatma Abou Hatab displays handmade Ramadan decorations using a crochet and simple materials, in Deir al-Balah in the central Gaza Strip on February 14, 2026. — Reuters
