Wednesday Dec 27, 2017
ISLAMABAD: The federal government approved on Wednesday the Hajj Policy for 2018, according to which the official hajj scheme quota will be 120,000.
Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousaf in a press conference said that the hajj applications will be accepted from January 15 to 25, 2018.
He said that for the official scheme draw will be held on January 26, 2018.
Sadar Yousaf said that the policy of the last year will continue and Pakistan’s hajj quota will be 179,000.
He said that the hajj policy was revised due to the verdict of the Supreme Court, adding that the public’s trust over the official hajj scheme has been restored.
The minister said that if there are any discrepancies in the scheme then the government will bear them.
He said that it is the fifth consecutive year that the government has successfully announced a hajj policy.