Saturday May 25, 2019
QUETTA: The death toll from Friday’s blast inside Rahmania Masjid rose to four, as another injured person succumbed to his wounds.
Police said the explosive device had been planted inside the mosque and went off as worshippers had gathered for Friday prayers killing four and injuring 28 others.
Speaking to Geo News, the mosque administration said the blast occurred at 1:15pm and that there were approximately 30 to 40 people gathered in the mosque for Friday prayers.
Prime Minister Imran Khan has condemned the explosion at Quetta's Masjid Rahmania, ordering officials to submit a report into the incident, a PM Office statement said.
The prime minister prayed for the health of those injured and also directed concerned authorities to provide them with the best medical facilities.
President Dr Arif Alvi also strongly condemned the terrorist attack in Quetta and said the entire nation is united against the war on terror.
Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan also expressed his heartfelt grief and sorrow and said those who target innocent people in the Holy month of Ramzan deserve strict punishment for it.
The chief minister directed concerned authorities to further beef up security arrangements across the city during the month of Ramzan.
Earlier this month, four policemen were martyred and 11 others were injured in a blast near a police van in Mini Market area of the provincial capital.
On April 14, at least 20 people were killed and dozens injured in a blast believed to be targeting the Hazara community in Quetta's Hazarganji area.
Eight Hazara, an FC official and two children were among the dead. At least 48 others, including three security personnel, were injured in the blast.