Can't connect right now! retry

pakistan
Thursday Aug 22 2019
By
Web Desk

Qureshi calls for intervention, says India heading towards genocide in occupied Kashmir

By
Web Desk

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi said on Thursday that international organisations had admitted that the situation in Indian occupied Kashmir had severely deteriorated.

“People take matters into their own hands when there is no food, medicines available and the elderly and children are in a dire situation,” Qureshi said.

The foreign minister said there had been a call given in occupied Kashmir to defy curfew after Friday prayers. “What will happen next?. They [India] will try to subdue this with bullets. There will be a massacre there.”

Qureshi added that he would be speaking with the Human Rights Commissioner of the United Nations and had also written a letter. “Till when will you remain silent. The crimes of crimes in international law is genocide and this is where India is heading. It is the responsibility of everyone to stop this.”

US-based Genocide Watch has issued an alert and urged the United Nations and its members to warn India not commit genocide in Indian occupied Kashmir.

Occupied Kashmir has been under curfew and lockdown since August 5 after the Indian government abolished Article 370, which granted special status to the valley. The curfew and lockdown has led to protests in the valley with thousands of Kashmiris including Hurriyat leaders placed under house arrest or detained.

“On August 5, the Indian President revoked the Special Autonomous Status of India Administered Jammu and Kashmir under Articles 370 and 35A of the Constitution of India. India has over 600,000 troops in Kashmir. Movement of people and freedom of the press are restricted. India has cut off internet communications,” Genocide Watch said in its alert.

Notification Management


Pakistan
World
Entertainment
Lifestyle
Sports
Business
Videos
Tv Shows
Health

Subscribe to desktop notification
Powered by IMM