Tuesday Mar 24, 2020
Instagram said Tuesday it will remove coronavirus-related content and accounts from recommendations and its “explore” option, unless they are posted by credible health organisations.
“We will also start to downrank content in feed and Stories that has been rated false by third-party-fact checkers,” the photo-sharing platform added.
Last week, Twitter Inc barred users from posting misleading information about the new coronavirus, including denials of expert guidance and encouragement of fake treatments, tightening its normally lax rules around speech.
Facebook, earlier this month, said it would provide free advertisements to the World Health Organisation (WHO) as it seeks to ensure users are not misinformed about the virus, its risks and how to react to it.