9 labourers offloaded from passenger bus, shot dead in Balochistan's Nushki

In another attack in Nushki, two people were killed when assailants targeted a passenger bus on the National Highway

By
Nadeem Kausar
|
Salman Ashraf
The picture shows an ambulance at the site of incident in Nushki district of Balochistan on Friday, April 12, 2024. — Provided by the reporter
The picture shows an ambulance at the site of incident in Nushki district of Balochistan on Friday, April 12, 2024. — Provided by the reporter 
  • 9 deceased belonged to Punjab; they were going to Taftan. 
  • Unknown assailants pulled out passengers after identification. 
  • 2 others die, 3 sustain injuries in separate incident in Nushki. 

QUETTA: At least 11 people were gunned down by unknown assailants in two separate terror incidents in Nushki district of Balochistan, Geo News reported on Saturday.

Nine of the deceased, who belonged to Punjab, were travelling in a bus on the National Highway from Quetta to Taftan when they were stopped by the unknown militants, pulled out of the bus and abducted.

The police launched a search operation for the abductees, however, their bodies were found under the bridge near a hill. All of them had been shot dead.

The murdered men belonged to the Mandi Bahauddin, Wazirabad and Gujranwala areas of Punjab. According to Nushki Superintendent of Police (SP) Allah Bukhsh, the deceased men were labourers.

Nushki Teaching Hospital MS Dr Zafar Mengal said the murdered men had been shot in various parts of their bodies.

The police said that six people belonged to Mandi Bahauddin and were from the same village Chak Fateh Shah. Their family members said that the men had left for Iraq three days before Eid. 

Two dead, three injured in other incident

In another incident, two people were gunned down while three others sustained injuries, said the police.

Nushki Deputy Commissioner Habibullah Musakhel said over a dozen militants blocked the Quetta-Nushki-Taftan N-40 National Highway at the hilly point of Sultan Chadhai, which is around 1 kilometre away from Nushki, on Friday night, The News reported.

DC Musakhel said that after blocking the highway, the armed men started checking the vehicles and opened fire on a vehicle that did not stop, killing one of the men who was a relative of the member provincial assembly.

PM Shehbaz seeks report

Condemning the incident, Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif sought the report of the incident. 

He also expressed condolences over the deaths and said that the terrorists and their facilitators will be brought to justice. 

Perpetrators to be brought to the book

Balochistan Chief Minister Sarfraz Bugti condemned the killing of 11 people, saying that the terrorists involved in the incident will not be pardoned.

CM Bugti that the terrorists involved in the attacks would be chased, adding that their aim was to sabotage the peace of Balochistan.

Interior Minister Mohsin Naqvi also condemned the incident, saying that the government stands with the families of the deceased at this time.

"There is no room for such a tragic incident in Quaid-e-Azam's Pakistan," he added.