Thursday Oct 25, 2018
Two Pakistani universities have been listed among the top 100 varsities of Asia by QS Asia Universities Rankings 2019.
The National University of Sciences and Technology (Nust), Islamabad and Lahore University of Management Sciences (Lums) have been ranked among top 100 universities in the continent in the annual rankings by Quacquarelli Symonds (QS).
NUST ranked 87 while LUMS was placed at 95 by QS.
QS Asia Universities Rankings evaluates universities based on six indicators that are academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty students ratio, citation per faculty, international faculty ratio and international students ratio and releases a list of top 500 varsities in Asia every year.
Other Pakistani universities that made it to the list are: Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad which was placed at 109, University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore which was ranked 171, University of Karachi which was listed in the 251-260 grouping, The University of Lahore which was in the 401-450 grouping and Lahore College for Women University which was in the 451-500 grouping.
The top 10 universities as ranked by QS are:
1) National University of Singapore
2) The University of Hong Kong
3) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
4) Tsinghua University, China
5) Peking University, China
6) Fudan University, China
7) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
8) KAIST - Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, South Korea
9) The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
10) Seoul National University, South Korea