Monday Nov 20, 2017
ISLAMABAD: A suspect carrying a heavy cache of explosives denied involvement in a terror bid during the initial investigation on Monday.
Shah Faisal (son of Saif-ur-Rehman) was taken into police custody near the I-8 interchange in the federal capital earlier today (Monday) after he attempted to flee when he was asked to stop by the law enforcement agency.
During the initial investigation, Faisal disclosed that he was transporting the explosives to a under construction housing society site.
The suspect told the police that the explosives were to be used to blast through rock to construct a road.
Showing complete oblivion to the sit-ins, the suspect said that the explosives were to be used to blast through rock to construct a road.
According to the police, the society's owner — who provided Faisal with the material near Tarnol town located north-west of Islamabad — has a valid license to buy explosive material for the purpose of construction.
A case against the suspect will be registered as he was not following the guidelines for carrying detonators, the police said.
The motorcyclist had been stopped by the police after he was observed using the wrong way to move towards the ongoing protest on the Faizabad interchange.
A total of 492 detonators and 196 explosive sticks were recovered from the man, who belongs to the Batkhela tehsil of the Malakand District in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the police said.