Can't connect right now! retry

pakistan
Tuesday Feb 14, 2017
By

Suicide bomber of Lahore blast had accomplices, initial investigation reveals

LAHORE: A First Investigation Report (FIR) has been registered against unknown terrorists in the Lahore blast which claimed the lives of 14 people including seven policemen. The FIR was registered by SHO Police Station CTD Abid Baig. Meanwhile, the evidence is being collected from the scene of the crime, which has been closed for traffic.

Initial investigation suggests that the suicide bomber had three accomplices. Prior to the attack, police had stopped the four suspicious men, but the suicide bomber entered Chairing Cross, where the bomb later exploded climbing over barbed wires. His accomplices mixed into the crowd.

The age of the suicide bomber was between 20 to 22 years, police said. Over six to eight kilogrammes of explosives were used in the blast. The suicide bomber’s head, hair and other body parts have been sent to a laboratory.

Appearing on Geo News programme Capital Talk following the blast, Punjab Law Minister Rana Sanaullah said the attacker had been identified and his target was police personnel.

Read: Lahore attacker identified

Earlier on Tuesday, funeral prayers were held for seven policemen who were martyred in the blast. Senior police officers including the Chief Traffic Officer Syed Ahmed Mobin and Senior Superintendent of Police Zahid Gondal were martyred in the incident. Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif and Punjab Governor Muhammad Rafique Rajwana attended the funeral prayers.

Read: Profile of a martyr: Chief Traffic Officer Syed Ahmed Mobin

Read: Martyred in the line of duty: SSP Zahid Mehmood Gondal

The Punjab government announced a day of mourning after the suicide bombing with shopping centres and educational institutions closed in the city. 

Notification Management


Pakistan
World
Entertainment
Lifestyle
Sports
Business
Videos
Tv Shows
Health

Subscribe to desktop notification
Powered by IMM