Can't connect right now! retry

pakistan
Friday Aug 31 2018
By

Another boy electrocuted by high-tension wire in Karachi

KARACHI: Another case of a child losing their arms due to electrocution has surfaced, a day after an eight-year-old boy had his arms amputated in a similar incident in the metropolis. 

Eleven-year-old Haris, a resident of Surjani Town, slipped and fell from the second floor of a madrassa. According to reports, he tried to lessen the impact of his fall by holding on to a low-hanging high tension wire, which electrocuted him.

Both of his arms were badly burnt as a result, and had to be amputated.

The grieving father of the boy has registered a case against K-Electric, the city's sole power supplier, as the family awaits action against those responsible. 

This is the second such case to have emerged within the span of a week. On Thursday, eight-year-old Umer of Karachi’s Ahsanabad area was electrocuted when a loose wire fell on him. He was playing in the street on the third day of Eid-ul-Azha when the tragedy struck. 

Umer, who was rushed to Civil Hospital in a critical condition, had to have both of his arms amputated. 

Sindh Governor Imran Ismail took notice of the incident, whereas K-Electric expressed grief to the family. 

More From Pakistan:

Notification Management


Pakistan
World
Entertainment
Lifestyle
Sports
Business
Videos
Tv Shows
Health

Subscribe to desktop notification
Powered by IMM