Thursday Jan 03, 2019
ISLAMABAD: The Foreign Office on Thursday rejected a report by a US publication that had suggested Pakistan was sending a thousand soldiers to Yemen.
During his weekly press briefing, Foreign Office spokesperson Dr Mohammad Faisal said Indian spy Kulbhushan Jadhav's case is in court at the moment. “Information regarding Kulbhushan is contrary to the truth and we will not comment on it because of our respect for the judiciary,” he said.
Condemning Indian spy drones in Pakistani airspace, Dr Faisal said that the Pakistani forces are alert and both the drones have been shot down. “There were no surgical strikes from India. The Indian media themselves have denied the reports. Pakistan are ready to answer any aggression from the Indian side.”
He added that Pakistan is ready to sit down and hold discussions with India; however, India is running away from the talks.
On Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi’s four-country visit last month, Dr Faisal said that the minister visited neighbouring countries to advance Pakistan’s policy of developing a peaceful relationship with all the countries. “Neighbouring countries have hailed Pakistan’s role in the Afghan peace process and also supported Pakistan’s suggestion for peace discussion among the stakeholders,” he added.
Reacting to US President Donald Trump’s statement earlier today about looking forward to meeting "the new leadership of Pakistan", Dr Faisal said that his remarks are a departure from January 1 tweet last year.
Trump, while speaking to reporters following a cabinet meeting on Wednesday, had said he looked forward to meeting "the new leadership of Pakistan" and wished for a "great relationship" with Pakistan. The US president noted that he would "be doing that in the not-too-distant future".