Thursday Jun 18, 2020
KARACHI: A two-week lockdown in the city's coronavirus hotspots began at 7pm on Thursday and will last till July 2.
According to Commissioner Karachi Iftikhar Ali Shallwani, a decision had been made to lock down the metropolis' sensitive areas in light of a report from the city's deputy commissioner that determined the coronavirus hotspots.
Shallwani has issued a notification with details of the areas to be locked down to curb the spread of the deadly coronavirus. Any movement in the restricted hotspot areas would be banned during the lockdown, said the notice.
A day prior, the deputy commissioners of three of Karachi's districts had identified the hotspots.
All 43 union councils (UCs) in the West, East, and Korangi districts were recommended to be locked down.
More than 157,000 infections and 3,000 deaths have been reported due to the coronavirus all over Pakistan, with close to 60,000 cases in both Sindh and Punjab.
1. District Korangi
- Korangi Town: UC-2 Makhdoom Bilawal, Qayyomabad-A & B Area, Allahwala Town, Nasir Colony, P&T Colony, Darrusalam
- Malir Town: UC-1 Moinaabad Phase 3, SI, 35/3 Model Colony, Jaffar Bagh and Nashtar Square
- Landhi Town: UC-9 36-B Area near to Street Rehmania Nlasjid, Awami Colony, Imambargh Wali Asar Area and Power House Area
- Shah Faisal Town: UC-7 Millat Town, Al-Falah Society and Malir Halt and UC-9 CAA Colony, Cantt. Bazar and Old Iqbalabad
2. District South
- UC Karachi Cantonment: Barzata Line and Doli Khata
- UC Kharadar-3: Lee Market
- UC Saddar-8: Burns Road, M.A. Jinnah Road, Main Saddar and Urdu Bazaar
- UC Phase VI: Khayaban-e-Badar and Khayaban-e-Muhafiz
- UC Lyari: Agra Taj-2 and Behar Colony
3. District East
- Gulshan Town: UC-1 Muhammad All Society, UC-2 Bahadurabad and Block 14, UC-4 Essa Nagri, UC-6 Block 13 (A&C), UC-7 Gulshan-e-Jamal, UC-8 13-D/II, UC-9 Block 7, UC-10 Block 14, 15, 11, Gulistan-e-Johar Block 2, UC-12 Sachal Goth and Rabia Petal, UC-13 Safoora, UC-14 Rufi Lake Drive Inn and Gulistan-e-Johar Block 13
- Jamshed Town: UC-6 PECHS Block 2 Tariq Road and Block 6, UC-7 PECHS Block II and Block 6, UC-8 Balti Mohalla, UC-10 Martin Quarters and Fatima Jinnah Colony, UC-11 Jamat Khana, Jahangir Road Quarters No. 02, Jahangir Road No. 01, Teen Hatti and Bijli Ground, UC-12 Soilder Bazar Numaish Area
4. District West
- UC-5 (Songal): Gulshan-e-Maymar and Khuda Ki Basti Phase 2
- UC-3 (Islam Nagar): Naval Colony, Sector 4
- UC-5 (Saeedabad): Area 5G, 5J, A3
- UC-4 (Metroville): Block 3
- UC-6 (Frontier Colony): Sector 4 & 5 near Malakand Hospital, Ismaili Quarters
- UC-6 (Ghaziabad): Christian Colony
5. District Malir
- UC-3 (Cattle Colony): Road No. 09, Complete Commercial Market area)
- Gulshan-e-Hadeed-6: Complete Commercial Markets of Phase-I & Phase-II
- UC-5 (Jaffer e Tayyar): Jinnah Square Commercial Market
- UC-1 (Muzafarabad): D Area (Main Commercial Market Road from 50 Bedded Hospital to 52 Wing Pakistan Rangers), Old Area (Main Commercial Market Road), Jacob Line (Main Commercial Market Road), Majeed Colony Sector I & II (Main Commercial Markets and Muzafarabad Rerhi Road (Main Commercial Markets from Hospital Chowrangi to Hussain Chowrangi)
- UC-3 (Dawood Chowrangi): Main Commercial Markets from Dawood Chowrangi towards 89 Petrol Pump
- UC-4 (Quaidabad): Main Quaidabad, Gosht Gali, Murghi Khana Main Commercial Market, Majeed Panwala area near Mobile Market and All Mobile Markets